As I mentioned yesterday , this post is part 2 of the plan I have.
Because I will be using my easy plum jam this is consequently an easy (and yes, faster) version of a plum sauce.
I will definitely make the longer version as the flavors have more time to develop into something marvelous. Anyway, for this sauce you will need:
- 3/4 cup or 1 cup of plum jam
- 1 +1/2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons of grated red onion
- 1 small chili (optional)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (available at Asian grocery stores)
Heat up all the ingredients in frying pan over medium heat for 8 minutes and transfer to a jar and let it cool.
How easy is that? I didn’t lie to you.
If, like me, you like your spring rolls and steamed dumplings this will make a lovely dipping sauce. It is similar to a sweet chili sauce in terms of flavors.